Decorating Wedding Cakes With Fresh Flowers
There are a lot of ways to decorating wedding cakes. What this page is about is decorating your wedding cake with fresh flowers.
The type of fresh flowers that can be used to decorate your wedding cake are roses, pansies, petunias, easter lilies, tiger lilies, daisies, orchids, etc.
But make sure that these flowers are not sprayed with pesticides. Or else you can't eat them. People have the tendency to believe that whatever is served on plates, they are eatable.
That's why it is also a good idea to use edible flowers. Edible flowers are like carnations, chrysanthemums, dandelions, fuchsias, gardenias, gladiolus, hibiscus,
jasmine, lavender, pansies, marigold, lilac, primrose, violet, etc.
It is also a good idea to match the flowers of your bouquet to the flowers for your wedding cake decoration. That way, everything seems to be in-theme.
Wedding Cake Gallery
Different styles of decorating the wedding cake with flowers
There are several ways to decorate the cake.
- the easiest way is to sprinkle flower petals all over the cake.
- have the cake tier made of flowers.
- place a bouquet of flowers on top of each tier.
- place a cascade of flowers on the top tier and have the flowers flowing down to the bottom tiers.
- place flowers on the side of each tier, surrounding the cake.
Depending on your preference, you can choose how you want to decorate your wedding cake.
Other alternatives to fresh flowers
If you do not prefer fresh flowers, here are other alternatives to decorating wedding cakes with flowers:
- use gumpaste to make the flowers. Gumpaste is like candy clay, can be shaped into flowers. When it dries up, it is strong and holds into place.
- use marzipan to make the flowers.
- use fondant to make the flowers.
- still use fresh flowers but have them sugared. Basically, you just paint the fresh flowers with egg whites and sprinkle with fine sugar.
Return From Decorating Wedding Cakes To home page